Friday, August 24, 2007

My second email on August 23, 2007

I got my first comment on my blog!! I was so excited that I decided to share the good news with my friends at Kotak Bank. Here below in the email i sent them...

Please do go through my blog and feel free to post comments. I will read and reply to all comments. Please also feel free to share other Kotak misadventures with me.

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:17:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: *****
Subject: http://kotakbank.blogspot.com comment...
To: Ajit Pillai //Kotak /Bank ,
Narendra Agrawal //Kotak /Bank ,
Sujit Sood //Kotak /Bank ,
Hemal Vakil //Kotak/Bank , ajay.sondhi@kotak.com,
c.jayaram@kotak.com, dipak.gupta@kotak.com, jignesh.thakkar@kotak.com,
uday.kotak@kotak.com


Hi,

My blog is getting more hits!

There is this comment from a customer on my blog http://kotakbank.blogspot.com that reads,

" Ahh .. the bank really sucks , wish they learn a lesson and actually do the service for which they are paid.Another thing that needs notice is lack of consumer dispute redressal systems in the country which gives these companies a freehand in "looting" thr customers "

You can read the comment at:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=8052794034547040027&postID=5642312436858284087

*****

1 Comments:

Blogger Bigboss said...

We have Private Banking Accts with ICICI & AXIS bank & we as a family are also operating accts with BHARUCH(Gujarat) and SOMAJIGUDA, HYDERABAD Branches of Kotak and currently maintaining FD+SB balances above Rs. 12-13 lakhs. We have a pending grievance with Kotak since June 07,which no one including the so called nodal officer Mr Sood sood has failed to resolve & gave some useless & evasive reply detailing his processes without undertanding & acknowledging the problem nor reply in detail with computations. The matter pertains to the banks automated/manual processes deducting TDS even when the accrued/paid interest per branch per customer is well below the statutory limit of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 10,000 now). The TDS wrongly so deducted is just Rs. 4-500, but I donot want them to get away like that without correcting their faulty processes & reversing the deductions and now I am approaching through banking Ombudsman with compensation claim also shortly after fulfilling the pre-requisites for it. The point I wish to make is that their approach to acknowledge & attempt to resolve problems is extremely poor compared to what we have experienced with other banks with whom we dealt in past. Clearly here the heritage of the bank from the NBFC pedigree is showing. I just stopped short of routing our sizeable family investment portfolios / MFs through Kotak with my above experience. But for this I donot mean to say the bank or its processes per say are bad nor their technological processes which are a cut above many but ultimately it is the people who manage these processes. I have something to know & be aware from ur blogs. In our case we will not end relationship with KMB with our experiences but definetely limit it to only to banking that too as an alternate bank not the core banks through whom we have dealt earlier, all through good & not so good experiences but definetely appreciate their processes & approach to solve the issues & first of all to call a spade a spade atleast verbally, but positively comeback with resolution to satisfaction, (exclude compensation, oppurtunity cost & interest for a while) & Kotak has failed us here inspite of allowing 3-4 months for resolution with reminders wasting our valuable time for a petty amount of Rs. 4-500 (It is not for the amount really, but for the fact that they have taken us for granted casually inspite of their deficiencies & why should someone getaway just like for thier faults, be it an established institution like Kotak. I will spend Rs. 10 for getting Rs.1 with arrogant & people who have scant regard for such issues

October 2, 2007 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home