Friday, August 24, 2007

Telephone conversation August 23, 2007

August 23, 2007 dawned like any other day. But this one was different...

I got a call at 9:30 AM from "extraOrdinary" Ajit. Without bothering to apologize for the delay in responding in lieu of the time and effort I spend writing him and following up, he launched into the latest "product" that he had designed for me. I would get 90% of the value of the Mutual Fund at 8% interest. I was awestruck, bewildered and a wee bit bedazzled ...

Could anyone possibly be this stupid? I write pages and pages of carefully spaced text, spellcheck, and proofread before sending, and this guy waltzes in with the broken-record technique. Undeterred, I asked him why I had to pay 8% interest. His explanation was that obviously I would also be making a return on my mutual fund till it is redeemed !!! Even in the face of such unbeatable logic, I refused to give up and told him that I would not pay any interest. Unbelievably, this guy said he would get back to me.... I'm still waiting for the next "extraOrdinary" reply from "extraOrdinary" Ajit.... breathless with anticipation....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home